L1-L4 Product Support
L1-L4 Product Support
11 February 2021
Product support plays a vital role in the customer experience. Hence it is very necessary to understand how product support works in detail. Product support is divided into four levels
L1, L2, L3 and L4. Each level has its own SLA characterized by its association to close the issue. Various ventures have various kinds of help-work areas dependent on their necessities.
Roles of support
Specialized support is an assistance that upholds clients of innovative technology products or assistance. Specialized support is otherwise called IT assistance, help work area, or other work area. Rather than conventional preparing, tech support commonly centers around assisting with a particular customer problem or issue.
Tech-support frequently adds to or upholds an organization’s general client support theory, so the team division will practically help with support service.
The expressions such as “Tech-support” and “Support Tiers” are phrases used by various other organizations.
Organizing your Product support around levels is helpful for a few reasons:
- Making a positive support experience.
- To address the customers needs strategically
- To manage and resolve the issues quickly.
- To enlarge the employee satisfaction.
- Acquiring feedback and recommendations for product improvement
- To improve employee training, development and maintenance.
Tech Support Levels:
- Tier 1 gives fundamental assistance and service work area conveyance
- They basically assist for basic problems from the initial instance they provide you the ticket /issue number for further assistance so that the same could be used to the reference the issue for next call, if necessary
- They are trained to solve the issues which are known and fulfil the support by giving the assistance by going through the script.
- If further L1 support is not able to provide the assistance over the given medium the reference number i.e ticket/issue number is transferred at the same moment to the L2 support for further assistance.
- Tier2 are in depth tech-support. L2 support has their own defined SLA(Service level agreement). The organization define the SLA for solving the issues on priority basis defined by the L1
- The L2 are more experienced for solving the issues
- The Priority is defined by the L1 support while the ticket is transferred to the L2 support. Depending on those points the severity of the issue defined for L2 support.
- L2 tier investigates the issue and takes care of the issue inside given SLA.
- Once the issue is solved in give SLA, the ticket is reverted back to the concerned team i.e L1 support for the further discussion
- If the ticket is unsolved the ticket/issue will be transferred to the Tier 3/L3
Note: While transferring the ticket to Tier3 they are instructed about the SLA
- Tier 3 are the experts of the product. They have the required knowledge of the product.
- L3 support has the access to the highest technical problem to solve the issue.
- Tier 3 experts list the root causes caused for the product specifications.
- Once the issue is solved they document the changes for further reference which can be used by other tiers.
- L3 consists of the skilled/certified product agents which may include engineers, creators.
- L3 will be the last point of contact to resolve the issue.
- Once the issue is resolved, the ticket is transferred to the L1 and also informed to other tier for following the priority policy and the priority is listed down from higher to lower.
- Atlast the ticket will be forwarded to tier 1 for further action.
- Tier 1 will send the feedback and close the ticket/issue.
- Tier 4 takes into account when the issue doesn’t fit in the SLA i.e in the priority list any more. As it might require more time to solve the issue.
- Issues forwarded to the Tier 4 are monitored by the organization for modification.
Thinking about getting L1 to L4 support for your team? Contact us here!